Improve Mobility and Independence
Medifab's Grillo Gait Trainer is a sturdy walking aid designed for children and teenagers with physical disabilities.The innovative new Grillo has been completely redesigned and now has the widest range of height adjustment on the market!
Easily adjusts and tool-free for user growth, transportation or multi-patient use - it also folds so easily!
Measurement bar allows for quick, easy and accurate adjustment while maintaining a constant centre of gravity even with the user in place.
Available in either an Anterior or Posterior Configuration. Comes in Two Sizes: One/Two or Three/Four. Grillo also comes in an indoor and outdoor version for increased versatility.
Grillo Gait Trainer is designed to generate and help the step pattern, to train the pelvis and trunk to keep their balance, to organize a wider structured vision of space of distance and of the user’s surroundings in his upright position, to develop physical self-sufficiency and psychological independence by exercising the possibility of acting alone without the help of other people.
An open-back design accommodates easy ‘getting-in’ and ‘getting-out’ and can be a forward or rear facing gait trainer.
Its wide range of adjustments and supports make it easy-fitting to the different needs and features of the User.
- 7 versions
- 2 Models: FRONT DRIVE (anterior) and POSTERIOR in the one frame!
- 2 frame sizes that cover 4 sizes
- 2 ergonomic and independent supports for trunk and pelvis
- Folding frame
- Constant centre of gravity
- Precise and continuous adjustments
- Interchangeable components
- Versatile - The Grillo Front-Drive can be configured as a traditional Posterior walker.
- Easy to fold - In only one operation the Grillo folds into a small compact unit.
- Two sizes in one frame - Increased growth range in each size adds maximum value.
- Lightweight aluminium frame
- Handlebar: The handlebar is removable and height adjustable, without the use of tools
- Chest Support: Padded and adjustable, the chest support comfortably positions the chest
- Pelvic Support: Providing security and stability, the pelvic support positions the pelvis and is padded and adjustable.
- Ergonomic Harness: Without generating pressure, the harness supports the user if necessary, and is breathable, adjustable and removable.
- Arm Supports: Height, depth & angle adjustable, the arm supports offer stability by providing proper posture for the user’s arms.
- Quick Adjustments: Adjusts easily and tool-free for user growth, transportation, or multiple patient uses. Measurement bar allows for quick, easy, and accurate adjustment.
- Newly Designed Wheels: Features include anti-reverse, rear drag, front and back directional locks. Wheels are suitable for indoor and outdoor use!
Gait Trainer Advantages
- Ability to remove and add prompts to meet child’s changing needs.
- As child progresses the Front-Drive can be configured into the posterior walker.
- Chest and pelvic supports are padded and adjustable in height and circumference.
- The pelvic support is adjustable forwards/backwards so that the user’s centre of gravity can be adjusted. This helps to develop the step pattern, especially at the beginning of the user’s training.
- Chest support can be removed when the user is able to efficiently control the trunk.
- Pelvic belts are padded and adjustable by straps and buckles.
- Handlebar is removable and adjustable in height.
- Very simple to ‘walk’ the child into the Grillo to eliminate lifting.
- Quick-release folding frame in lightweight aluminium.
- Numbering on the tubes give the carer references for the height adjustment according to the user’s dimensions.
- Buffers by the wheels to protect against bumps.
- Puncture-proof wheels.
- Stable frame that is safe to use at home and school environments.
Patented height adjustable system
- Easy for the care giver.
- Effortless gas spring operation.
- Supplied with numbered bars as a reference for the right height of the walker, according to its specific user’s dimensions
- Child’s centre of gravity remains the same during height adjustments.