Houdini 28 Harness
Houdini 28 Harness
Fits most types of vehicle seating including single and double seats
This is a vehicle positioning harness for children and adults with special needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Down Syndrome, Asperger’s disorder, developmental delay or other challenging behavioural needs where the person has problems with attention and safety. Providing safer travel and management of these loved ones when travelling in the car or other means of transport.
Alternatively, this harness can also be used to offer postural support and assist in seating the occupant in an upright sitting position for persons with physical disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy (CP) and other significant physical disabilities or complex needs where extra support and positioning is required during travel.
This Houdini 28 harness is similar to the Houdini 27 except that the seat attachment straps go vertically around the vehicle seat.
To fit the harness access is required between the seat back and seat cushion.
Please note that this vehicle harness is not classed as safety harness but as a medical device for postural support. To comply with safety regulations, the vehicle safety belt must always be worn over the top of the harness. The combination of the existing vehicle safety belt and the secondary harness offers added security for the passenger. Bears the CE mark and complies with the requirements of MDD 93/42 EEC
It is advisable to carry out a safety and risk assessment to first consider the problems involved and what the situation would be if the passenger is not wearing a special needs harness. Could they be in danger to themselves and to other passengers in the vehicle or even other drivers on the road if they are not safely seated during travel?
Watch the movie on the media tab.
A safety webbing slicer is included with every vehicle harness and must be kept in the vehicle as a safety precaution.
- Suitable for bench vehicle seats only, or in the case of 'deep-bucket' style single backrest seats
- Attaching straps go vertically around the rear of the seat it is installed on
- Full 5-point harness for good support (crotch strap between the legs doesn't need to be used if not required)
- Access to rear of seat is necessary when installing
- Cross strap can be purchased for additional security of the shoulder straps (prevents the shoulder straps been pulled off)
- Gap required between seat and backrest