Houdini 22 Harness
Houdini 22 Harness
Separate body harness and seat fixing strap
Vehicle positioning harness for children and adults with special needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Down Syndrome, Asperger’s disorder, developmental delay or other challenging behavioural needs where the person has problems with attention and safety. Providing safer travel and management of these loved ones when travelling in the car or other means of transport.
Alternatively, this harness can also be used to offer postural support and assist in seating the occupant in an upright sitting position for persons with physical disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy (CP) and other significant physical disabilities or complex needs where extra support and positioning is required during travel.
The body harness is worn before entering the vehicle. It is fitted with a waist belt and chest strap which fasten behind the passenger's back with side-release buckles.
This harness will fit both single and bench seats. Suitable for bus, plane and taxi travel and children in Hip Spicas!
Access is required where the seat back joins the seat cushion as a ‘gap’ is necessary to pass the vertical fixing strap through from the front to the rear of the seat back.
This vehicle harness is classed as a low risk medical device and carries the CE mark and complies with the requirements of MDD 93/42 EEC. Please note that this vehicle harness is not classed as safety harness but as a medical device for postural support. To comply with safety regulations, the vehicle safety belt must always be worn over the top of the harness. The combination of the existing vehicle safety belt and the secondary harness offers added security for the passenger.
It is advisable to carry out a safety and risk assessment to first consider the problems involved and what the situation would be if the passenger is not wearing a special needs harness. Could they be in danger to themselves and to other passengers in the vehicle or even other drivers on the road if they are not safely seated during travel?
- Fast and simple harnes to use
- 2-piece harness: torso section and seat strap (makes overall handling of individual easy)
- Torso section can be put on individual while they are distracted in the home, classroom or care centre before walking to vehicle
- When walking to vehicle, the carer can hold the straps of the torso section for better management
- Can be used on single and bench seats
- Can be used with booster 'seat raiser' cushions
- Suitable for bus, plane and taxi transport. (always get signed approval prior to plane travel)
- Gap is required between seat and backrest for strap to pass through